3.24.2009

So we are selling our house. Almost anyone who would read this already knows this bit of information, but I am most definitely still processing it. John has poured his heart and soul into this house for the last almost 3 years and I have worked extremely hard to decorate my children's rooms, cook meals, and make this house a home for our family. We have amazing friends right in the neighborhood, down the street and literally in our backyard. We have a yard that I never could have dreamed of having within the city. But the big problem? All of this was a gift. An amazing gift that we were blessed with for almost 3 years. This was Téah's first house and Micah's only home. And we were blessed to be able to raise them here for the time we have. We have had a garden that I dreamed of having. And we were blessed to share the fruits of our garden with our friends and family. God placed us here for a reason and I'm pretty sure he's teaching us a difficult lesson through all of this. It's not about what we PHYSICALLY HAVE. It's just not. And it's not more important than God's long term plan for us. We have learned a lot through all of this and I know it's not over. A wise friend and sister (thanks, Priscilla!) told me, "Sometimes the way He does that shaping is by telling us "no" to the things our hearts are holding so tightly to." So true.

On another note, my kids are so much fun right now. Admittedly we are struggling a bit with a sassy 3 year old girl, but she cracks me up daily. The things that come out her mouth are absolutely hilarious. And she remembers things that happened so long ago! Her memory is so much better than mine! Micah is crazy. He's 18 months old in two days and giving us a run for our money. He is the happiest little boy and just loves everyone. His favorite phrases are "yeah!" and "nuh-uh" (substitutes for "yes" and "no") He also loves to make animal noises. My favorite being the chicken (bach, bach, bach...) and the chick (cheep, cheep) and ask him to show you his "fishy face" next time you see him. Hilarious.

And yes, the dogs are fine. Emma ran away recently. Short story: Emma finds a way out of the gate, I almost find her, I jump in the car with a stranger (!) in an effort to catch her. Emma gets hit by a car in front of me and runs off again. John and Tiny walk miles outside looking (it was about 5 degrees outside). The next morning, still no Emma. We place a lost and found ad on Craigslist, get a hit. Finally find her the next day after receiving help from strangers and a local vet's office. She is now fine and as anxious and nervous as ever. (read: barky) Tiny is fine and goofy.

Here are a few pictures for you:

This is what happens when I think Téah's napping but she's actually upstairs quietly in my makeup bag. (yes, that's mascara and lipstick)



Here's a couple of the kiddos getting along and being cute.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

I thought about you today when I was cleaning out my vegetable beds. I hope you can do some container gardening that you can take with you when the house sells. I used to raise all of our herbs on my condo's balcony. Even here I grow all my basil, radishes, onions, lettuce, oregano, sage, thyme, rosemary, peppers, and cilantro in containers. Good luck with marketing the house and much joy in the next adventure you and your family get to explore.